Basic DSE Training
Become a DSE Assessor in a day!
The Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Regulations require all computer workstation users to be assessed to ensure Health and Safety compliance. Not only is this a legal requirement; but doing so can also help you reduce absence, improve morale and increase productivity.
- Understand the requirements of the regulations
- Identify the main health/postural issues related to DSE use
- Observe practical demonstrations on optimum use of equipment
- Learn how to carry out/record an appropriate workstation analysis
- Make suitable recommendations for improvements
- In summary - practical training with confidence!
- This is followed by the issue of Competence Certificates and a question and answer session which allows the delegates to discuss any topical concerns of the day
What makes our course different?
Our aim is to equip you with the knowledge you require to not only complete DSE assessments, but to do so within any system that you may already have in place and by utilising, wherever possible, the equipment that you already have in situ. This approach can produce immediate results.
During the afternoon session includes the opportunity to complete practical assessments; encouraging delegates to strengthen their new found skills and gain confidence from real, live situations.
This course is designed for potential assessors, line managers, HR Personnel, IT Technicians and those with responsibility for managing the risks of computer users.
Once trained, we would like to invite you to expand your knowledge as a DSE Assessor with our complimentary Ergonomic Product Workshop (HWS training suite), which will provide you with a deeper understanding of ergonomic products, and how to select appropriate solutions for your organisational needs.
Location: This One Day Course (6 hours) is conducted at your premises for best practice, allowing the content to be further styled to complement your organisational need.
Alternatively, register for a delegate ticket at one of our South Wales venues.
You continue to bring the highest level of support and advice whilst still focusing on personal needs, upholding your commitment to be there for your customers when they need your for advice and supporting them as well as offering simply superb products and solutions. You really do take comfort seriously.